Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: HORRIBLE GAS MILES Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
rsevers

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 11:49pm | IP Logged Quote rsevers

I have a 2007 Crewcab v-6 2wd and when I drive it kinda easy I can get 18.7mpg. (Taking off slow and driving around the speed limit).  Usually I dont drive it easy (Floor it once or twice a day and drive around 80mph on interstate) and get 17.6-17.9 mpg.  I tested the different fuels and for some reason everytime I use the 93 octane my mileage drops to 15.5-16 mpg.  I stick with the cheap stuff 87 octane and I get better mileage.  My mileage even stays above 17 mpg when I am pulling my trailer with an ATV on it.  If you are using 93 try the 87 for two tanks and see if it makes a difference.  I live near Memphis, TN and the temperature just started dropping in the 20's and 30's but haven't seen any real difference in mileage.  
Back to Top View rsevers's Profile Search for other posts by rsevers

66L72

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 10 2008 at 9:22am | IP Logged Quote 66L72

[

[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm not familiar with newer trip computers that have the kind of accuracy you are speaking of here (my '07 XE doesn't have this feature). My frame of reference is the computer in my old '98 Dodge Dakota which consistently gave readings that were 1-2 mpg pessimistic. Maybe the technology is different on the Nissan unit, but it's hard to imagine a "dead accurate" device of this sort with all the variables involved.

[/QUOTE]

i never had much faith in them either. but i have compared the trip meter in the dash to my actual calculations, on full tanks and partial tanks and it is always right on. i am guessing that my service manager will not find anything either..... which means there will be a 2006 white king cab nismo for sale soon if you know somebody who owns a refinery.

Back to Top View 66L72's Profile Search for other posts by 66L72

madpage

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 5:12am | IP Logged Quote madpage

I have both a 05 Pathfinder LE and a 05 Nismo 4x4 Crew Cab.  The Pathfinder gets close to 20mpg on the Interstate while the Nismo gets right at 15mpg.  Seeing how they both have the same powerplant, the difference has to be in the weight of the vehicles.  I don't know what each weighs, but I would have thought the Nismo would be the lighter of the two.  Needless to say, I was surprised at the difference between the two.

p.s.  Its a bad habit of mine to calculate the gas mileage for whatever vehicle I drive.  The cpu for both the Pathfinder and Nismo is dead on.

Back to Top View madpage's Profile Search for other posts by madpage

Boomer
Nissan Guru

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 7:20am | IP Logged Quote Boomer

I did another gas mileage trial yesterday.  I filled up to almost overflow out of the fill pipe, picked up my hunting buddy and his dog, threw all of our gear in the back and then drove 187 miles total.  This included a few miles driving slowly where we hunt.  I used Sunoco 93 octane. After coming home, I dropped off my buddy and the dog and went immediately back to the Sunoco station and again refilled to almost overflow.  Almost all of the driving was non-stop at 50-65 miles per hour. I used 8.1 gallons which is just a touch over 23 mpg.  I have a 2007 SE with V-6 and auto with 4 wheel drive.  As I have posted earlier, my truck does much better on mpg with higher octane fuel and it pays for me to use it as my cost/mile is actually lower.  Others have reported the exact opposite.

2013 VW Passat TDI
State College, PA
Back to Top View Boomer's Profile Search for other posts by Boomer

lakota
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Frontier Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote lakota

madpage wrote:

I have both a 05 Pathfinder LE and a 05 Nismo 4x4 Crew Cab.  The Pathfinder gets close to 20mpg on the Interstate while the Nismo gets right at 15mpg.  Seeing how they both have the same powerplant, the difference has to be in the weight of the vehicles.  I don't know what each weighs, but I would have thought the Nismo would be the lighter of the two.  Needless to say, I was surprised at the difference between the two.

p.s.  Its a bad habit of mine to calculate the gas mileage for whatever vehicle I drive.  The cpu for both the Pathfinder and Nismo is dead on.

Did you check the gear ratios and tire sizes? Aerodynamics play a big role at highway speeds.

Have a good New Year while you can still laugh about it.. Don S..

Why is it that the politicians in D.C. are the only ones that don’t know there are better things to make Ethanol out of than corn?… Answer… They know! They know! Guess why they don’t correct the problem.

'04 FWD 1.8 Sentra '08 FWD 2.4 Camry LE
Fort Worth
Back to Top View lakota's Profile Search for other posts by lakota Visit lakota's Homepage

Blargeyyarr

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote Blargeyyarr

I find that using full synthetic gives me a couple miles more per gallon, it's
better for your engine anyway, and if you change it yourself it's about equal
to the cost of paying for a generic oil change.

but to really help with the gas mileage i ride the motorcycle as much as
possible! my H-D sportster is fun to ride and i put just over 2 gallons in the
tank every 100 miles.   
Back to Top View Blargeyyarr's Profile Search for other posts by Blargeyyarr

Nelson37

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 29 2008 at 8:10pm | IP Logged Quote Nelson37

I drive an 06 SE V6 4x2 in So.Cal.  I get 15mpg driving ALL city and 18mpg driving about 70% highway (70-80mph) while hauling 3-500 lbs. The manual says it has a 21 gal tank, but when I fill up at 1/8 tank remaining, I can only squeeze in about 15.5 gal. I consistently get 60 miles per 1/4 tank unless I'm driving on the highway without traffic (not too often in southern calif).  The key to getting good mileage with the 4.0 V6 is to accelerate slowly and let off the gas anytime you see traffic or a light ready to change - it also makes everything from tires to oil changes last a lot longer.

Back to Top View Nelson37's Profile Search for other posts by Nelson37

hawktuner

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 03 2008 at 6:28pm | IP Logged Quote hawktuner

Hey,

I just purchased a 2008 Nismo 4 dr 4x4 and it has 3,000 mile on it and I get 18.5 highway. I get well over 300 miles per gal on a tank of gas. Not sure what your problems are, but love my truck. Puts my friends new Tacoma to shame!

Back to Top View hawktuner's Profile Search for other posts by hawktuner

Nelson37

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Feb 04 2008 at 2:41pm | IP Logged Quote Nelson37

hawktuner,

No problems, just in southern California(orange county) the longest stretch of road you can find without traffic or hills is about 5 miles.  I own a swimming pool service and repair company and only manage to drive about 1-2 miles at a time without stoplights, stopsigns or traffic.  Not to mention some of the hills I encounter have up to 12.5% grades!!!  I almost bought a tacoma prerunner, but I got such a good deal on this truck ($14900 w/23K mi.) that I couldn't pass it up. Besides, this truck has soooo much more power and usable bed space.

Back to Top View Nelson37's Profile Search for other posts by Nelson37

alex973
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 28 2008 at 11:04am | IP Logged Quote alex973

i tow with my 06 Nismo getting 17.9 MPG full tank gets 340 Miles i still complain why i don't get 23 mpg, guss what i get 21 hwy, 18.5 city why is it all of us get a diffrent MPG it should be consistance with Nissans ad. when i reset the cpu it goes up to 26mpg, however that disappered quick to 21mog hwy and 18.5 city

hey has anyone changed their ignition wires yet i have 53K on mine please advise

thanks Happy Holiday

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version