Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Bad gas mileage Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
racktree

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 03 2008 at 1:19pm | IP Logged Quote racktree

I don't feel quite so bad now after reading some of the other posts. I have been disappointed w/ my new Frontier. Love the truck, but the 4 cyl is only getting about 17mpg in mixed driving. I try to stay off the pedal, and it will increase to about 19 mpg in mixed if I'm really careful. I only have 2,000 miles on the truck so far, though, so it's not really broken in yet. I've followed all the directions so far, so hopefully things will get better. Wishing I got the 6 cyl now.
Back to Top View racktree's Profile Search for other posts by racktree

old 4x4er

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 20 2008 at 11:17pm | IP Logged Quote old 4x4er

I have a 08 CC, 4x4,  short box with less than 1500 mi so far. Getting 18-19 mpg with lite foot on reg fuel. Got 14 mpg pulling my 17' boat with 4 adults in truck. About what I expected, would like better mpg but this is what I expected and can live with it considering the gas we get today is pure crap. What happens when stupid politions running the show.

dannyg

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 21 2008 at 10:49am | IP Logged Quote dannyg

Thats not to bad. I`ve heard around 30,000 it does get a little better. And yes this E10 is sh-t but I also remeber back in the mid 80s are fuel changed some too. I hope these tree huggers are happy now with bring out ethonal in fuel which gets a millage loss of 10-15%. Thats real smart burn more fuel out the tail pipe. I know wounder if all these DEM tree hugger have inveasted in to corn and give us the shaft its going to be another crappy 4 years   

06 frontier 4.0 auto

Back to Top View dannyg's Profile Search for other posts by dannyg

FloridaFrontier

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 3:39pm | IP Logged Quote FloridaFrontier

I have a 05 se 4X4 auto just went to Tennessee in the flat lands (Florida ) 25MPG

In the mountains 15. I run 87 octane and I have 124K miles.

jakelow51

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 13 2009 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote jakelow51

Hey, I have a 98 Nissan Frontier and I live in Maine. I have had my truck for over a year and when I first got it the check engine light came on because of the O2 sensors but I have been getting 19 to 21 mpg.  But in the last 3 months it has been going downhill and now I am only getting 15 to 16 mpg. I haven't done any mods in the past 6 months. Anyone know of any reason why it would do this?
Back to Top View jakelow51's Profile Search for other posts by jakelow51

davidjbrady

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 11 2009 at 9:18am | IP Logged Quote davidjbrady

To those of you with poor mileage, have any of you used oversized tires or have different sized tires than OEM?

This can make your speedometer read incorrect whereby you go 1 mile acutal and the odometer will reflect 9 tenths of a mile. ( examples only) In this case if you really go 300 miles, your odometer will show 270. This amount can reduce your MPG by 3. Has anyone found out if leaving the tail gate down helps reduce drag?

Back to Top View davidjbrady's Profile Search for other posts by davidjbrady

dannyg

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 11 2009 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote dannyg

my o6 has an inch larger tire on it maybe a 1mpg loss in the city hiway the same as stock with the e10 mix. Pre E10 26mpg hiway stock tire with E10 22-23mpg hiway stock tire 87 octane. the only way I can come close is if I run 89 octane NOW

06 frontier 4.0 auto

Back to Top View dannyg's Profile Search for other posts by dannyg

rollon

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote rollon

09 Frontier crew cab 4wd Sb auto SE , Got 21.5 first fill-up ! Truck is like stock but keep max air in tires ! Have put over 2000 mi. in less than 3 wks. old ! On trip of 70% HWY and 30% city got 22.6 going 60,65,70.73 break-in !

mdemott

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 8:06am | IP Logged Quote mdemott

I think the mileage problem is all in the RPM's. I have a 07 Crew Cab LE, automatic with a Undercover bed cover. I run a K&N induction system, 11 chambered Flomax with a Merctube and 2.25 pipe. I can get 23.4 on the highway at 70 mph. The MPG tails off to 20mpg if I push over 2,000 RPM.
Back to Top View mdemott's Profile Search for other posts by mdemott

Moondoggie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 6:26pm | IP Logged Quote Moondoggie

I now have a 2009 Frontier Crew Cab SE with the 4.0 V-6 (traded in my 2006 Frontier XE with 2.5 4 cyl. w/40,000 mi). I was never saisfied with the gas milage on the 4 cyl. which averaged about 21-22 mpg town or highway.  However I just checked for the first time my 2009 today and was pleased to find that I'm getting about 19.0 mpgSmile in the first 4600 miles which is all city stop-and-go. I'm hoping that when I put it on the highway it will do better than 20+. I like the smoothness of the V-6 (and power) and it has auto instead of manual 5 spd. I'm geting too old to be shifting so much in town. FYI since my dealer was making such good deals I also bought my wife a new 2009 Maxima. Probably the last new vehicles I'll ever get to buy once Obama and Pelosi get through with my retirement income.Ouch

UtiliTrack, and all kinds of extras (sunroof, leather, etc) previous 2009 Frontier CC, 2005 Frontier KC, 1995 4runner, 1983 Nissan K
Back to Top View Moondoggie's Profile Search for other posts by Moondoggie

<< Prev Page of 11 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version