Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Bad gas mileage Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rubble
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 21 2015 at 10:48pm | IP Logged Quote Rubble

gunner93 wrote:
Hey guys what's going on? I drive a 2010
nissan frontier Pro4x v6 with 78k on it.
My gas mileage has fallen really low
lately (around 11 mpg) and I don't know
what to do. I take care of my truck and
there is no check engine light. My buddy
thinks it's sparkplugs so I'm doing that
this weekend. Any help would be great.

Lot's of thing's can affect MPG:

Type of Tire's, Some Tire's hurt the MPG.  Low Tire Air Pressure.  Dirty  Air Filter.  Heavy use of  Gas Pedal, & Brake Pedal.  Oxygen Sensor like previous posting.  Modification's that affect Aerodynamic Airflow.  4wd's don't get as good MPG's,  as 2wd's usually.   

If your engine is useing too much Oil,, the Cat's can get restricted,, and that will cause less MPG's. 

For the most part,, I've found that keeping the Truck & Engine as Close to stock as possible, as well as keeping up with the Maintenance Schedule,, is about the most that an owner can do for optimum MPG's,, and Vice Versa,, the more Mod's that are done,, the worse the MPG's usually get.

Has the Maintenance Schedule been kept up to snuff?

On my '13 SVV6, I'm getting right @ about 20.5 MPG in Mixed Driveing, Maintenance is up to snuff, easy on Gas & Brake Pedal, Shell Regular.

Good Luck,, and let us know if you find the problem.

perica91

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 18 2016 at 5:19am | IP Logged Quote perica91

I don't feel quite so bad now after reading some of the other posts. I have been disappointed w/ my new Frontier. Love the truck, but the 4 cyl is only getting about 17mpg in mixed driving. I try to stay off the pedal, and it will increase to about 19 mpg in mixed if I'm really careful. I only have 2,000 miles on the truck so far, though, so it's not really broken in yet. I've followed all the directions so far, so hopefully things will get better. Wishing I got the 6 cyl now.

Back to Top View perica91's Profile Search for other posts by perica91 Visit perica91's Homepage

Rubble
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 19 2016 at 2:55am | IP Logged Quote Rubble

perica91 wrote:
I don't feel quite so bad now after reading some of the other posts. I have been disappointed w/ my new Frontier. Love the truck, but the 4 cyl is only getting about 17mpg in mixed driving. I try to stay off the pedal, and it will increase to about 19 mpg in mixed if I'm really careful. I only have 2,000 miles on the truck so far, though, so it's not really broken in yet. I've followed all the directions so far, so hopefully things will get better. Wishing I got the 6 cyl now.

Hey Perica,

I drove a '93 KC 4cyl AT 2WD for 20 year's.  IMO they engine is a good one and has a timeing chain.

Your's has more pulling power than the '93 that I had and as long as you don't go over 3500 lb's towing,, I think that you'll do fine.

I have to pull about 4k lb's sometime's, so I needed more pulling power.  Still I almost had to settle for a 4cyl again,, but was persistent and able to get a good deal on a 6cyl KC AT.

When it come's time to get another Truck, before you sell the Nissan,, talk to Nissan Consumer Affair's and they'll probably give you a VPP, which is a discount on a New Nissan Truck.  It's like a Loyalty discount.  They gave me one,, and it really made the difference in me being able to get a new truck.

Good Luck

DavidLar

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jun 01 2017 at 7:33am | IP Logged Quote DavidLar

I get about 14mpg. Pretty suck right?
Back to Top View DavidLar's Profile Search for other posts by DavidLar

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 10
  Post ReplyPost New Topic