Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: code p0500 help Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dolfans

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 9:34am | IP Logged Quote dolfans

truck is a 98 2wd speed. This code says it is a vehicle speed sensor most likely cause of this is the unified meter. Dealer said cant find a inified meter at this time. What is it,where does it go? Has anyone else had this go bad? i need help please. THANKS
Back to Top View dolfans's Profile Search for other posts by dolfans

frontierguy

Master Mechanic

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote frontierguy

The speed sensor is in the trans. The unified meter assy is the meter assy-all the guages-speedo-fuel -temp etc. Most likely the concern is with the speed sensor itself or the gear that drives it, does the speedo work OK? It is also possible to remove the meter assy and tighten all the Phillips screws on the printed circuit board. < id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">

'10 Altima SL
Traded 08 Frontier for 16 Frontier SV CC Long box, quite an upgrade. I do miss the 6 speed and Dynomax ex.

Nissan Technician 25 + years
2011 John Deere X720SE
Back to Top View frontierguy's Profile Search for other posts by frontierguy

Ramjet1804

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 7:43pm | IP Logged Quote Ramjet1804

I know this is an old post but could the code be that simple to fix. There is a couple of "instrument panel/gauge repair places on ebay claiming to fix this. If it is just a matter of tightening the screws I am pretty sure I can make it through that! Mine has been throwing that code for years. All instruments work as well as all of the lighting. When it first started happening I bought a code reader then replaced the speed sensor itself. Imagine my surprise when the code came right back!
Back to Top View Ramjet1804's Profile Search for other posts by Ramjet1804

mrwhizard
Official Sponsor
Official Sponsor

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote mrwhizard

There is a signal from the cluster to the computer that is probably intermittent. Look on the back of the cluster right behind the speedometer - there are 4 silver screws - find the screw that is marked "2P" - this is the signal from the cluster to the computer - it is a conditioned speed signal. If this signal is not present the code will be thrown. You could try tightening this screw but the screw receptacle connection to the circuit board may have cracked solder - remove the front lens; remove all screws and pull out circuit board. Careful it is attached by a ribbon cable to the rest of the cluster. Find the 2P pin and resolder it.
Back to Top View mrwhizard's Profile Search for other posts by mrwhizard Visit mrwhizard's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version