Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: 2004 Frontier (VG33 V6 3.3L) idle stumble Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
CaptTightPants

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jul 17 2017 at 5:15am | IP Logged Quote CaptTightPants

I have been scratching my head about this one for a while now. When the truck is idling it feels like the engine skips a beat which sends a considerable bump you can feel through the whole truck. I guess you can call it rough idle, only it doesn't happen all the time. It can idle fine for five minutes in a row and then start doing it when it would start stumbling every two or three seconds. It usually gets worse when the truck worms up. Loading the engine seem to affect it for the worse as well (putting it in gear, especially turning AC on). However, it will still do it in park with nothing else on, just not as often. When I stand in front of the engine and this "stumble" happens I could hear a click (sounds almost like a relay click) coming from somewhere in the area of EGR valve. Not sure if it is cause or effect of stumbling though. When it starts happening while I'm at the light and I start accelerating, you can feel it through the initial stage of acceleration as intermittent hesitation. Other than that it feels normal while driving at higher speeds. I did feel it happen one time going on the highway though.

Check engine light is off. So far the things I've done are: clean the throttle body, new air filter, cleaned MAF sensor, cleaned grounding wire from the battery, ran a bottle of seafoam trough it, changed the distributor. Nothing seems to affect it. Any ideas what else may be causing it?
Back to Top View CaptTightPants's Profile Search for other posts by CaptTightPants

lakota
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Frontier Forums Moderator

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 30 2017 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote lakota

Check out the firing of the spark plugs and fuel filters.
I doubt it had a carburetor but it sounds like a problem one would likely have.
I don't mess with fuel injection... but I have seen sticky injectors... Some times Lucas cleaner works in the fuel system Sorry

Hope someone else will jump in.. Don S..

'04 FWD 1.8 Sentra '08 FWD 2.4 Camry LE
Fort Worth
Back to Top View lakota's Profile Search for other posts by lakota Visit lakota's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version