Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Frontier vs Ford
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Frontier vs Big 3 And Japan Rival : Frontier vs Ford
Subject Topic: I know why there are no posts in here Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
turkster8

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 28 2006 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote turkster8

Well, I own a Ranger and I love this truck so far. The only problem I see that Ford didn't do with the newer ones, was off a DOHC V-6 with the same HP as Nissan. That being said, my next "small" truck will be the Frontier, unless Ford sticks that 292hp V8 that they put in the sport-Trac into the ranger!!
Back to Top View turkster8's Profile Search for other posts by turkster8

chucknorris
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 24 2006 at 4:33pm | IP Logged Quote chucknorris

The ridgeline is a generic looking Chevy Avalanche thing...its front wheel drive --- way overpriced for what it is (car with a truck frame on it)--- something to appeal to those types that buy it for its badge.... not too sure on what its towing or cargo capacity is...but who really cares.

chucknorris
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 24 2006 at 4:34pm | IP Logged Quote chucknorris

oohh my bad dude,  i posted the wrong reply... here i am talking crap about a truck you didnt mention....my bad.

chucknorris
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jul 19 2006 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote chucknorris

I THINK THE ONLY OTHER TRUCK ID CONSIDER ASIDE FROM MY FRONTIER IS PROBABLY THE TACOMA....TOO BAD THEYRE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE...GOOD TRUCK BY ALL MEANS BUT YOUR NOT GETTING AS MUCH ENGINE AS OUR 4.0 V6'S....WE GET 265HP BASE WHILE THEY GET 236HP....

ShutUpandColor

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 23 2006 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote ShutUpandColor

I always liked Ford Rangers but they were too small for me; though the performance was great nonetheless. Ford has a deservingly good reputation here, especially in Texas where I'm from its the ideal truck of choice for farming/ranching/towing, etc. But, its pretty funny when ever I meet hardcore Ford advocates and they're always impressed by my Frontier for it being a "fancy" truck (any truck thats not US is considered "fancy" here..lol). My Frontier is club cab and I've had a lot of people tell me it looks like a Ford F-150 from the side. I can't stand itty bitty trucks (partly because I work in excavation and a grater will just flatten me) and I can't fit something like a big old dually under my carport without taking out a part of my house. One of my greater peeves about Ford is that I have trouble driving them...I guess because I can't turn the key in the ignition most the time (in my other post I mention how weak and feeble I am); but, all in all my Frontier has proven to be more than enough reliable and great to me. Like I said, I work excavation and I have to tow skid steers, and my Frontier works it quite nicely.

MRJONES944

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 07 2007 at 11:34am | IP Logged Quote MRJONES944

Joehova wrote:
I was thinking, why isn't there anything in here about a Frontier vs a Ford?

I'll tell you why, Even the 05 fords are pieces... Ford doesn't hold a candle to Nissan. I think the whole vs. section could be pulled, there is no competition.

First post here guys.  Ill start by saying two things.  I currently own a Ranger and the next truck I buy is probably going to be a Frontier.  In a Ranger versus frontier matchup there isnt a whole lot of competition anymore.  This is largely due to the Ranger being over 10 years old and trying to compete with more modern trucks.  My truck is a 01 2wd 4cyl 5 speed with about 118K miles on it.  The truck has been almost without question durable as hell.  I have spent $70 in parts and still get 25+mpg.  Reason for the defection to Nissan is the fact that if I bought a new Ranger it would be exactly the same as the one I have now in every way.  Also the engine that the Ranger uses does not measure up to what Nissan has.  The taco felt like I was trying to ride a fat chick and all the other trucks just dont have the value.

Back to Top View MRJONES944's Profile Search for other posts by MRJONES944

barcin
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 12 2007 at 8:57pm | IP Logged Quote barcin

man those ridgelines are ugly!!! but everyone has one now i see tjhem everywhere
Back to Top View barcin's Profile Search for other posts by barcin

06blackse

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 4:56pm | IP Logged Quote 06blackse

I have owned honda's all my driving life and have yet to expirience the poor quality that is spoken here, all my honda's that I currently own are completely built with only the finest manufacturers and performance products, though my honda's are all cars I do agree with the statement about the ridgeline, they are worthless and I dont get what honda was trying to accomplish by producing these.  One of my friends had a ridgeline for about six months because its towing capacity wasnt enough to tow his future purchases.  As far as rangers go I agree that they are also worthless, the company I work for owns 3 of them and they are litterally in the shop every month with something else wrong (4wd, tranny and leaks mostly) they are WAAAAY underpowered and way unreliable (imo).  My 06 frontier has ran circles around the ranger and ridgeline hence why I looked into nissan (as this is my first nissan). 

The Honda cars I currently own are:
2006 Civic EX Sedan (w/REAL JDM K20A Type R Turbocharged) 360 WHP
2005 Acura RSX Type S (Supercharged) 300 WHP
1995 Delsol SI (REAL JDM B18C Turbocharged) 350 WHP

Back to Top View 06blackse's Profile Search for other posts by 06blackse

07frontier_17

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 1:33am | IP Logged Quote 07frontier_17

Sorry bud but in my opinion hondas suck! They are way underpowered on the baseline...you may have an abundance of parts but...never will be as fast as nissan....but i do agree with you that the ridgeline sucks...even the mitsu raider can beat it!

1999 Ford Contour SE
Phoenix, AZ
Back to Top View 07frontier_17's Profile Search for other posts by 07frontier_17

FXRScotty

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 06 2007 at 9:12pm | IP Logged Quote FXRScotty

I just traded in a 2007 Ranger Level II for my Frontier and love my truck. The ford was a rugged little truck but way under powered. I wouldn't go back unless ford offered a diesel option.
Back to Top View FXRScotty's Profile Search for other posts by FXRScotty

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version