Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Thermal control amplifier (ac issue) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jimmy3003

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 20 2010 at 12:49pm | IP Logged  

Hi,rolando42.I have the same problem.everything checks out on a/c fine.freon doesnt circulate and doesnt blow cold air.PLEASE post results if problem is solved.not an intermittant problem.my compressor works all the time,clutch engages,freon charge is fine.no blown fuses or relays that i have found.sure would like to figure this out.

mszak

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 21 2010 at 2:09pm | IP Logged  

I just want to thank you guys SOOOOO much!!!! I was dealing with my air going on and off for almost a year. I had already had a hose replaced back in 2006 on my 2001 Xterra. I knew it wasn't the freon, b/c that was tested, and it was full and no leaks. Every blue moon since October the air would just blow cold all of a sudden, but the majority of the time it was blowing hot air, and sooooo annoying. Thanks again Boatbuilder306 and the other guy for posting the pics!!! It helped me so much. I ordered the part online for 27 bucks and installed it within an hour, all by myself!!   I was determined, even though my boyfriend didn't want me to do it, he rathered a mechanic, but I did it with the help of this forum!!! He was thoroughly impressed when lil' ole me did it by myself, a chick at that, and I just love being in my car now!! Thanks again guys, this forum rocks!!! <3 

I posted a few pics from my experience. The first one is just me getting to the box and then the next two are finding the TCA and replacing it, the last, but definitely not least important one is when I put it all back together. I felt like a MILLION bucks.

Ms Zak

Back to Top View mszak's Profile Search for other posts by mszak

viper522

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 23 2010 at 8:05pm | IP Logged  

I pulled out the glove box on my girlfriend's 2004 Xterra V6 tonight and immediately noticed something different.  I have a two pin connector (white) and what appears to be a simple thermistor (bare metal).  I can't see how this part has gone bad... opinions?

*EDIT:  According to Courtesy Parts, 2003-2004 used "27732M Xterra SENSOR ASSY-INTAKE" instead of a Thermo Control Amplifier.  Great.
Back to Top View viper522's Profile Search for other posts by viper522

meyerdel

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 23 2010 at 8:28pm | IP Logged  

I've been up one forum and down another. Been to mechanic, and until today (problem started summer '09) I think I see light at the end of the tunnel! I have a '92 Sentra with exact problems described. I have noticed that most post are regarding much newer Nissans.

My question is this: Did the '92 Nissan Sentra AC systems have a TCA? And if so, was it located as described? Thank you.

Back to Top View meyerdel's Profile Search for other posts by meyerdel

2001FrontierXE
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 24 2010 at 9:06pm | IP Logged  

Thanks to boatbuilder308 and all follow up replies! My
truck has shown these symptoms recently and I suspect its
the TCA. Those who posted pics of their work, thanks also,
makes the job ALOT easier. This is a great site!

(past Nissan/Datsuns)
1970 PL521 1600
1994 Nissan Hardbody
1995 Nissan XE
Back to Top View 2001FrontierXE's Profile Search for other posts by 2001FrontierXE

viper522

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 7:05pm | IP Logged  

Sure enough, the 2004 Xterra doesn't even have a TCA but a thermistor.  Since I had it out anyway, I checked for resistance listed in the service manual and it was dead-on through the temp range.  I then ran through the diagnostics suggested by the service manual and found everything is in check, electrical, mechanical, pressure, etc - not a problem.  But still doesn't result in cold A/C.  wtf
Back to Top View viper522's Profile Search for other posts by viper522

cobia50

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 18 2010 at 6:06pm | IP Logged  

thanks all fix the tca works great,thank you for pitchers
mszak
Back to Top View cobia50's Profile Search for other posts by cobia50

mdemott

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 19 2010 at 8:16am | IP Logged  

I have not had this problem on my 07 yet. After reading thiese posts and the automatic tranny failure topics and perhaps some that I don't know anything about yet, I appears that Nissan is not concerned about their customers and repeat business.
This AC is bad but the tranny problem is almost $5,000.00 replacement part bad.

Back to Top View mdemott's Profile Search for other posts by mdemott

Ceelow94

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 19 2010 at 6:23pm | IP Logged  

jimmy3003 wrote:

Hi,rolando42.I have the same problem.everything checks out on a/c fine.freon doesnt circulate and doesnt blow cold air.PLEASE post results if problem is solved.not an intermittant problem.my compressor works all the time,clutch engages,freon charge is fine.no blown fuses or relays that i have found.sure would like to figure this out.

Hi!  I own a 2004 CC and
I'm having the same exact issue as Jimmy3003
Could it be the blower motor resister?
If i were to change the TCA would that make a difference?

Any information is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you

Back to Top View Ceelow94's Profile Search for other posts by Ceelow94

rolando42

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 19 2010 at 7:53pm | IP Logged  

Hello all, sorry been so busy to reply.  I continue having the issue even after replacing TCA so not the TCA in my case.  I hot wired a wire from the fuse box directly to the compressor.....it works....I have a toggle switch in between because if I don't disconnect or turn off it drains my battery.  I went to dealership and bought some kind of "pressure regulator" switch.  It is the little switch that is installed up close to the radiator and runs directly to the compressor.  It's a $25 part but the freon has to be emptied to install.  Not sure if this switch is the problem.  I simply have no time to take vehicle to a mechanic.
Back to Top View rolando42's Profile Search for other posts by rolando42

<< Prev Page of 12 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version