Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Frontier Modifications (Performance & Looks)
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Frontier Modifications (Performance & Looks)
Subject Topic: My 06 is Lifted!!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hawaii

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 12 2006 at 2:05am | IP Logged Quote hawaii

Those pics of your truck look awesome.  I would love to do that to my 05 King Cab.  How much did it cost to put the kits on, parts and labor include? I don't think I would go with tires that big, just for street use only.
Back to Top View hawaii's Profile Search for other posts by hawaii

irocfast

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 12 2006 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote irocfast

The tires are 33x14.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers, wheels are 16x8 Eagle 102's, and yes I did have to trim a little at the rear of the fender.  I have no idea on cost because Trailmaster/Performance Accessories has not released the kits yet.  My truck was used for R&D by them.  Pricing and availability should be released by the end of the month.
Back to Top View irocfast's Profile Search for other posts by irocfast

americanvtwin

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 13 2006 at 10:29am | IP Logged Quote americanvtwin

Is the CalMini kit a suspension lift? Does anyone knoow who sells it in Southern California? And how much is it?

BTW that truck in the pictures looks awesome! Is the body lift Kit a simple bolt on or do you have to make any modifications to the truck to install it?

THX!

irocfast

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 13 2006 at 3:19pm | IP Logged Quote irocfast

Calmini is a suspension lift, go to www.purenissan.com to find vendors.  The body lift is a bolt on.

BECH LYF

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 14 2006 at 2:39am | IP Logged Quote BECH LYF

I will wait !    Two keys to offroad performance #1 low center of gravity #2 big wheel travel progressivly dampened. I can see the frame on the side not too bad, in the rear not a good look. but then its body lifting.  05-06 frontier long travel kit ? not yet ! How about uniball upper arm , extended travel coilover shock and a deaver leaf spring pack!   HOW ABOUT IT PRERUNNER GREG ? Oh and the offset of those wheels will probably eat your wheel bearings.  click click click click  tires too  wide.                my .02              
Back to Top View BECH LYF's Profile Search for other posts by BECH LYF

nismoboy05

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 14 2006 at 11:18pm | IP Logged Quote nismoboy05

man that truck looks awesome.  That lift kit would be awesome for my truck.  I did some off roadin up in NH and VT.  I could have more fun with that kit.  wellz once the prices/vendors come out let us know. 
Back to Top View nismoboy05's Profile Search for other posts by nismoboy05

americanvtwin

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 15 2006 at 1:15pm | IP Logged Quote americanvtwin

For anyone that is interested in the CalMini lift. I talked to them on the phone 4/13 and I was told that the Frontier lift would be available for purchase directly from them within 30 to 40 days. He had no pricing information. Kind of vague I know! But that's all he would tell me. He said they were working on finishing other projects so that is the reason for the delay on release of the Frontier lift. I'll be checking back with them in mid May.

irocfast

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 15 2006 at 11:35pm | IP Logged Quote irocfast

I have talked to calmini and have had 3 differnt promise dates...one was before the 1st of the year, the next was end of feb, and now 30-40 days out...what is the hold up? 

BECH LYF, I am not sure exactly what you were saying other than you didn't like body lifts, but I hope you find what you are looking for.

nismoboy05

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 16 2006 at 12:37am | IP Logged Quote nismoboy05

If i get the 3 inch liftkit, would I have to get longer break lines? 

BECH LYF

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 17 2006 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote BECH LYF

BECH LYF, I am not sure exactly what you were saying other than you didn't like body lifts, but I hope you find what you are looking for.
irocfast, The point I was trying to make is, There is very little suspension performance (improvment) in a coil spacer or leveling kit and 0 in a body lift. The sole purpose of that kind of kit is to raise the truck to install larger tires. And I think your truck looks very nice, But when tooling around offroad you hit bumps,ruts & jumps and need more progessivly dampened wheel travel to aobsorb the shock. These kits do not provide this,and all the calmini kit does is lower the stock suspension 5"  irocfast wrote: Yes, it has the 2-3 combo in those pics.  You can run these in conjuction with the calmini 5", for a  total of 10"....that would be awesome.  10" of lift with 0 performance + way too big tires LOSS OF PERFORMANCE. might look cool! however loss of performance and ROLLOVER! So to all fellow offroad enthusiasts DO YOUR RESEARCH do you want true offroad performance or a lift kit. And you are right irocfast I prefer not to have a body lift with all the frame & brackets hanggin out below. when you think about it there just stilts.    http://www.ncdproducts.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=9

Back to Top View BECH LYF's Profile Search for other posts by BECH LYF

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version