Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Introduce Yourself / Truck
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Introduce Yourself / Truck
Subject Topic: New County Boy From Oklahoma... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MudSlinger

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 5:34pm | IP Logged Quote MudSlinger

Hey all... I'm from oklahoma and i've had my nissan froniter for 2 years now... bought it used with 111,000 on it, now has 156,000miles on it. been a great truck...knock on wood...i've only replaced both lower front ball joints and one carrier bearing...

A Few Photos... and Info on my truck..... 2000 Nissan Frontier CrewCab 5-Speed, Supercharged 3.3L SOHC V6 , K&N Cold Air Intake,  Flowmaster Exhaust, 4.38 Ratio Locking Rear Axle , 15" American Racing Wheels with WildCat A/T 265/70R15 mounted on them, Clear Corner Lights with White Parking Bulbs, Euro Black TailLights, Kenwood Cd/MP3 Player, 6 Tweeters, Bass Blockers on all Door Speakers, 2 10inch Subs and a 300Watt Amp pushing it... Comments are Welcome!!!

kcidmil
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
HI! My name is Ben and I have Car ADD.

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 6:08pm | IP Logged Quote kcidmil

Welcome to the org.

The paint job still looks good.  And the rims finish it off really nicely. 

05 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
90 Nissan Maxima SE
12 Nissan Xterra S
Back to Top View kcidmil's Profile Search for other posts by kcidmil Visit kcidmil's Homepage

MudSlinger

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 6:18pm | IP Logged Quote MudSlinger

Thanks a lot... yea it looks good... in the photos it time for a good buff on the paint... the photos dnt show up all the four wheeler trials i've been down... lol they do a number on the paint... but i work at a dealership and i can have it done easy and cheep... so thats why the paint looks as good as it does... free car wash and details.... its nice!!! the only down side to it i work at a GM Dealership... why??? u ask... because i have to have something to keep money coming in...  i thing nissan and yota will over come chevy, dodge, and ford in the future!!! WHOs WITH ME???... AND we dnt have a nissan dealership in my lil town... i need to get a few better photos shots of the truck posted on here too...

kcidmil
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote kcidmil

Toyota has already surpased GM.  They did it the day GM's CEO stated "Our line of big SUVs is what is going to save our company"... right before the gas price hike.

We don't hold it against you that you work at GM.  I'm a moderator and drive a Ford F-250.

90 Nissan Maxima SE
12 Nissan Xterra S
Back to Top View kcidmil's Profile Search for other posts by kcidmil Visit kcidmil's Homepage

MudSlinger

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 10:03pm | IP Logged Quote MudSlinger

LoL I'm not up to date on all the stuff going on!!! I'm in college try n to learn right now... half a year and i'm out... YAY!!

yea i'm with u on the ford... my first truck was a 92 ex cab 302 v8 F-150 and it was a good truck i put it threw hell and it come back many of times...but haveing to replace parts now and again... but that last time it took number 8 piston with it... had to rebuild it and sell it... lost money bad on it but... o well lifes better now... i got a nissan and i stand to say its been a lot better truck...

I cnt say i would buy any other truck... i'm looking at buy n a Titan this fall - winter after i get out of college... any heads up on how the motors and every thing is up to par with them???? or should i go back with a newer frontier??? myns getting some miles on it and will have many more by the time i get out of college....

kcidmil
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 14 2007 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote kcidmil

The 5.6 engine is very strong, and doesn't have any problems unlike the 2.5 in newer frontier. 

I don't know if they have fully fixed the suspenions and brake issues. 

I'm not a big fan of Ford's gas engines, hence I went with the International Diesel.  I would have gone with a Titan myself, but I wanted a diesel.  I plan on doing a lot of towing here in the future, and wanted something that would get decent mileage while doing it.

90 Nissan Maxima SE
12 Nissan Xterra S

MudSlinger

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 14 2007 at 10:03pm | IP Logged Quote MudSlinger

OK... Thanks...

if i went with the frontier it would be the new 4.0L... I wouldnt buy the 2.5L... i'm not much for the small motors i would reather buy the gas and have the power to do what i want to do and not have limits... 

U Wrote...

(I don't know if they have fully fixed the suspenions and brake issues.)

In that are u talking about the titan or the froniter... i read in one of the forum post where the new frontier was have n the front end problem gear box... is the titans have n that too???

kcidmil
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 15 2007 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote kcidmil

I was talking about the Titan. 

I haven't really dove into too much of the new Frontier.  Ever since it came out, I've lost a lot of interest in Nissan as a whole.  Though my interest started slipping ever since they changed the Maxima's design back in 04/05?  Ugliest thing I ever saw, and they just kept on using it with the Sentra and Altima.

90 Nissan Maxima SE
12 Nissan Xterra S

MudSlinger

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 15 2007 at 11:47am | IP Logged Quote MudSlinger

Ok...

I'm not much on cars... the only car i think i could drive would be yea going back to Ford for a car, a Mustang... my buddies got a 95 cobra, supercharged with lots of extras pushing 500hp and 525ft lbs. or so to the wheels... thats the car i would go with and build up if i went with a car...

lakota
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Frontier Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 15 2007 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote lakota

kcidmil wrote:
   Though my interest started slipping ever since they changed the Maxima's design back in 04/05?  Ugliest thing I ever saw, and they just kept on using it with the Sentra and Altima.

kcidmil;

Hey.... You wouldn't be growing old on us would you????

Remember the old sayings...

Turn them upside down and they all look alike and

Pretty is as pretty does...

Don S.. ... older than the rocks that the dirt came from...

'04 FWD 1.8 Sentra '08 FWD 2.4 Camry LE
Fort Worth
Back to Top View lakota's Profile Search for other posts by lakota Visit lakota's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version