Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: ’05 Traction Control Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Laziale

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 29 2005 at 5:47pm | IP Logged Quote Laziale

It's impossible to make the tires sqeal without the traction control cutting power to the wheels, it's very frustrating.

Is there a way to shut it off? I can't figure out how.

Shook

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: May 07 2005 at 10:19am | IP Logged Quote Shook

i have a 04 and when i spen i get in to 3ed be for i stop but on dry pavement it is hard to mack them both spen it will some time go from lift to right on me the only thing i can think to stop it and mack them both stay spening is to put in a dull pozy rear end o my truck is a standard sow it might be hard to spen if you dont have a standard
Back to Top View Shook's Profile Search for other posts by Shook

kcidmil
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
HI! My name is Ben and I have Car ADD.

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 08 2005 at 2:33am | IP Logged Quote kcidmil

Wow man... hey shook, I hate to say it, but do us all a favor, and SLOW DOWN.  Also try using sentences.  Please, for my head's sake. 

You can get a truck to spin tires on dry pavement, even with an auto.  Mine does it all the time.  Of course, I think in my case it's more of really crummy tires.  But I know it'll still spin them with a good set... you just need the right type of pavement.

Also Shook, he's got 2 things going against him that we dont.  Weight, and 4x4.  Now Laziale, what type of engine do you have?  The 3.3 or the 2.4? 

Now for the disconnecting of the traction control.  There should be a connector hooked to the differential.  But there's a slight problem with disconnecting this.  It's probably going to set off a warning light in the truck.  And you'll have to go down to Nissan to have it cleared.  I haven't really looked at the new 05's.  But the principal is all the same. 

The sensors determine which tire is spinning faster, or if both of them are, and cuts the power.  If the sensors can't read the difference, it can't let the ECU know which one to cut power to. 

05 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
90 Nissan Maxima SE
12 Nissan Xterra S
Back to Top View kcidmil's Profile Search for other posts by kcidmil Visit kcidmil's Homepage

Joehova

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 09 2005 at 8:23am | IP Logged Quote Joehova

I have an 05 with the NISMO package and haven't had a problem barking the tires. I'll tell you what, that 4.0L is a bad engine so if you are having problems barking the tires then you aren't giving it enough gas... I haven't seen any thing about traction control on my truck, just hill start assist and hill descent assist. In fact I've seen every thing under the sun except for traction control... I'm going to go look at my truck and see if there is anything on traction control.

Shook

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: May 10 2005 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote Shook

ha i am new to this typing thing and i cant spell fore sheet but i can weld like a mushing and work on all engine,s .  to spen in a auto geest power tork it . by holding the brake and geva it some gas but not a lot at first geest to the point before the tiers spen . then let off the brake and slam the gas to the floor . do the foot work at the same time and you will spen and come off the line faster .i drive a standard it wood tack all day fore me to type the best way to spen it and tack off fast to . now fore traction i think you shud save some muny and but a dull posy difference
Back to Top View Shook's Profile Search for other posts by Shook

Laziale

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 10 2005 at 10:28pm | IP Logged Quote Laziale

Joehova wrote:
I have an 05 with the NISMO package and haven't had a problem barking the tires. I'll tell you what, that 4.0L is a bad engine so if you are having problems barking the tires then you aren't giving it enough gas... I haven't seen any thing about traction control on my truck, just hill start assist and hill descent assist. In fact I've seen every thing under the sun except for traction control... I'm going to go look at my truck and see if there is anything on traction control.

Yes, but you have the NISMO package which allows you to turn off the VDC (which I'm assuming is what's causing my problem) and I don't. I have the LE without the leather package which excludes the hill-desent etc..

05blacknismo

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 21 2005 at 10:27pm | IP Logged Quote 05blacknismo

I have the 2wd nimo king cab and I have to let off the gas so I don`t total my truck it`s bad ass but I have no traction control that I know of but it does great on slick roads if you know how to drive !
Back to Top View 05blacknismo's Profile Search for other posts by 05blacknismo

Hardbody87
Nissan Frontier Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 22 2005 at 8:11am | IP Logged Quote Hardbody87

I bark my tires in 1st, 2nd 3rd but then agai i have some low pro tires and its 2x4. Im gonna have to find me some traction bars cause i can be spinning the tires and at the same time my rear end is bouncing.
Back to Top View Hardbody87's Profile Search for other posts by Hardbody87 Visit Hardbody87's Homepage

cartier

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jul 05 2005 at 1:04pm | IP Logged Quote cartier

hay hows it going everyone, i have a 05 4x4 v6 manual . now if u want  u have to go down to the dealer and have them bypass that sensor, now see i have a question for you, u want to take off the traction control just to spin the tires? that traction control is put on there for a reason. with you having the 05 im sure u are aware of the power is has espesialy while turning. with out that traction control u might have a hell of a time holding on to that truck in severe driving conditions.

Back to Top View cartier's Profile Search for other posts by cartier

lakota
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Frontier Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jul 05 2005 at 4:31pm | IP Logged Quote lakota

... Gee after all these years I thought people that squealed the tires were just physical uncoordinated. I did'nt know they were just trying to damage the drive line and wear out the tires sooner.... J/K!!!

Have a good one  and CUL.. Don S..

Back to Top View lakota's Profile Search for other posts by lakota Visit lakota's Homepage

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version