Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Rough Idle Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
nocturnaldrive

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 31 2007 at 10:10pm | IP Logged Quote nocturnaldrive

Does anyone else have a problem with vibration while idling?  While I'm stopped at a light or whatever I feel the engine idling way rougher than any other vehicle I've driven. It happens with the AC on and off so.... I don't know. A buddy of mine suggested I take the truck into the stealership and have them tell the ECU to "relearn" idle speed or something. Any thoughts?

I have a 2005 CC LE 4.0L
Back to Top View nocturnaldrive's Profile Search for other posts by nocturnaldrive

lakota
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Frontier Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 31 2007 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote lakota

nocturnaldrive;

That worked for my Grand Cherokee a few years ago.

Have a good one while you can still laugh about it.. Don S..

It would be nice if our members would add their vehicle information to their signature (similar to mine) plus add their City and State . A member in the same town might be willing to drop by and help you with a problem. Or drink all your beer!

'04 FWD 1.8 Sentra '08 FWD 2.4 Camry LE
Fort Worth
Back to Top View lakota's Profile Search for other posts by lakota Visit lakota's Homepage

Phil

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Nov 07 2007 at 12:00pm | IP Logged Quote Phil

I have an '05 Kingcab SE 4x4.  I have the same vibration problem.  If I take it out of gear while I'm sitting at a traffic light, it lessens somewhat but doesn't go away.  I have had it to the dealer twice for this issue.  They claim to have reset the computer.  It seemed better for a short time, but it is definitely back again.  I personally think Nissan has a problem that they haven't owned up to as of yet.  Maybe in the motor mounts, driveshaft, etc.  If you go to the dealer please post the outcome of your visit.

kilby

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 07 2007 at 5:38pm | IP Logged Quote kilby

My 2007 XE four cylinder has a very rough idle, felt mostly through the steering wheel.  It is very similar to the "vibration on deceleration" that I posted last week, I agree, Nissan has issues that it is not being forthright about admitting and I am going to pursue both at my next scheduled service in a few weeks.

DarrenC
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 08 2007 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote DarrenC

I have an '07 SE and it has a rough idle too.  I'll mention it at the next service.
Back to Top View DarrenC's Profile Search for other posts by DarrenC

supercobraz

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 27 2007 at 7:25pm | IP Logged Quote supercobraz

Same here. Mine just started a few weeks ago at around 7,500 miles.  I just joined this site today because I have noticed a few things here and there about my truck. I have to take mine in for another noise  and I will have them check it out.

Phil

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 27 2007 at 11:43pm | IP Logged Quote Phil

Have any of you folks who are experiencing the rough idle had your truck checked out by the dealer yet?  I took my '05 Frontier SE back again for this problem (third time) and got lipservce only.  They said it was normal for this truck to have the vibration at idle because a new '07 they had on the lot does the same thing.  Which to me points to an across the board design problem.

mastiff

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 2:17am | IP Logged Quote mastiff

i get vibrating every once in a while.....ever notice how the idle goes down slightly when you turn the steering wheel? or when you operate your power windows ? or when you turn on your a/c, or when the cooling fan kicks in? i believe most of these minor "flaws" mentioned in these forums are normal for a frontier, simple reason being trucks are just basic , rough and not built with much attention to refinement like 350z, skyline , maxima or most other passenger cars are

Back to Top View mastiff's Profile Search for other posts by mastiff

nocturnaldrive

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 06 2008 at 10:51pm | IP Logged Quote nocturnaldrive

I just installed an engine grounding kit in my truck a week ago. The rough vibration has greatly reduced but is not completely gone. This discovery coupled with the apparent connection between an increase in power consumption and increase in vibration (i.e. air conditioner turning on) I am led to believe that the base of the problem may be power flow.

So I am considering getting a slightly more powerful alternator to kick out an extra 10-20 amps. I don't want to go overboard and damage anything. Has anyone tried increasing the alternator before?
Back to Top View nocturnaldrive's Profile Search for other posts by nocturnaldrive

Phil

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 10:15am | IP Logged Quote Phil

I don't understand what you mean by increase in power comsumption.  Can you expain this?   Also, what is an engine grounding kit, and how does it work?  I was under the impression that the engine block was always grounded by design in 12 volt systems.  I don't get the relationship of your comments to the vibration problem.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version